Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas fun for the boys!!

Thank you Grandma Ford for the gingerbread surprises!!! The boys had fun putting together their own gingerbread houses and playing puppets. Ryan immediately loved the puppets. J.J. took a little convincing, but I've seen him covertly playing with them. I wonder if he thinks that he has to be a really big boy and not like stuffed type animals. He has never really bonded with any, but I think he could enjoy them if he gave them a chance! I put on a little puppet show for them and pretended to give them candy and stuff. That opened the door for J.J. to start thinking they were fun. What a silly boy I have. As you can tell, Ryan thought these were the best things ever. He keeps bringing me one and telling me to make it cry or have it open his presents.

One of the things my children like the most about the holidays is how much they get to eat and the kinds of food they get to eat. They are sugar and chocoholics. I made pumpkin chocolate chip bread the other day (because we had no food so I had to cook), and they were so excited. J.J. got mad at me for taking a picture of him while he was eating...it starts already. I think I have Jaren to thank for that! :) Ryan was pretty upset about finishing his beater until I showed him that he had spilled a little on the chair. He proceeded to lick it clean. That's my boy!

4 comments:

jor-kel said...

Hey Melinda! can those fun boys come over and play?

Kristy's Garden said...

Oh, what cute little guys! (Don't tell JJ I called him little, though) I miss them so much. I'm so happy they are having fun with their new gingerbread friends! I am so excited we are coming for Christmas. See you all in 11 more days!
Love you.

Jilly Bean said...

Oh fun! What's that yummy stuff you were baking? It looks like your boys are having fun with the gingerbread activities!

kiddle97 said...

That is so awesome -- it sounds like JJ might be a bit like my Mitch!