Monday, June 1, 2009

Ryan's 3rd Birthday

We celebrated Ryan's birthday at his Grandma and Grandpa Armstrong's this year since we were already there for his birthday.  After much discussion and deliberation, Ryan decided he wanted a Lightening McQueen birthday party.  (This changed from day to day and varied in themes from ocean to princess - that's my boy!!)
He got this cute tool box from Grandma and Grandpa Ford.
He made the funniest faces while opening his presents.  Ryan was SO excited for this little flashlight that my Grandma Butler gave him. 
He got the same face when he opened up his bike (I think he made this face before he even knew what it was!!!  So funny!)

And he made the face again when he saw the card Grandma Sperry sent him.  He loved it and really had fun picking off all the cute stickers of Lightening McQueen and friends.

I put this picture on because I thought Chase looked cute in it.

6 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

Aaah! Happy birthday, Ryan!! I'm the crappiest...I forgot his birthday! I'm sorry! Late happy birthday hugs to him from us!

Kristy's Garden said...

What a fun birthday .... Happy big #3 Ryan! What cute, sweet boys! You took some especially good pictures of them. Ryan's expressions say it all! See you soon!

Bud and Deb said...

Well, Melinda, I guess you can still teach an old dog new tricks! Good job getting your mom up to speed on blogging. It is a fun way to keep in touch with what is happening in peoples' lives. Bud is still working on the back splashes of the cabinets. He has the handles on, and the tops are varnished. Once we get everything back in place, we will take some pictures and post them. Love you loads and think of you often.

Lauren said...

What great expressions! Mr. Personality. Hope you are enjoying your summer!

Carly Andelin said...

That is such a cute picture of Chase...I love his grin! He's so excited about the presents too!

kiddle97 said...

Melinda, your boys are so luscious! I LOVED Ryan's faces in all of the pictures! Way to make everyone feel good about the gifts they brought! Instead of, "Oh. A paper clip. Thanks..." or something.