Saturday, November 15, 2008

Independence!!!

I know these seem like totally random pictures, but they represent a scenario that has made me realize just how much my little JJ is growing up. The other day, we were having leftover mac and cheese and JJ really didn't want it. He could tell I didn't want to make him what he wanted by my response, "Sigh, I don't think so...let's just have macaroni, k? His response to my response was, "Don't worry, I'll just make it myself!" So he gets out the bread, peanut butter, honey, and a knife (because who needs a plate?). He was so proud of himself for doing it...and so was I! I don't know how others feel about their kids growing up, but I love it!!! I have so much fun seeing them change and do new things. Makes life fun and new for me too! Oh and really quick, another cute thing JJ did was to deliver the invitations for his party himself. He wanted to make sure I didn't come with him. When he found the address we were looking for, he'd run to the door, turn around and give me a huge grin and a thumbs up...how much do I love this kid?!! Here's the invitation...

3 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

Man, I can't believe he's 5. I really can't believe it. That's big. Nothing little kiddish about that. It makes me realize Lily is right behind him, on his heels.

I wanted to close look at the invite but it wouldn't get any bigger. Will you post it bigger?? Please?

Melinda Ford said...

There's one on the way for you Jill...can't get a closer look than that! Love you!!!

Jason said...

I to tried to get a closer look at the invitations. =)