Sunday, April 19, 2009

At the Beach


Yes, Chase is eating sand here.  I thought it was hilarious to see him reach down, grab a handful and shove it in his mouth.  And apparently it tasted all right, cuz he kept doing it long enough for me to get the camera out and take a few pics.
J.J. found a shell that he wanted to take home.  He found another one too, but when Jaren told him that it was broken, it lost its magic and he threw it to the ground.  I guess Jar's perfectionist attitude got passed down a generation.
Here's our beautiful drip castle.  I am so happy that I got to teach my boy how to do it.  This is an art that comes after numerous years of time intensive labor.  LOL.  Ok, not.  J.J. caught on really fast and we spend most of our time on the beach working on it and having a lot of fun together.

Well, there they are, the pictures of the beach when we went down to California.  This was definitely my favorite part about going down there.  Yes, I thought it was even better than Disneyland (what can I say, I'm a cheap date).  We had so much fun being back together again with my family and enjoying our favorite pasttime...well one of them, anyway.  We played smashball (thanks Melanie!), frisbee, and built sandcastles (thanks Melanie!).  It was a great, great day!  I've got some fun pictures of the rest of the family too.  I'll post a link to the slideshow when I get to it.

6 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

Oh, so much fun! What a day...to play at the beach. To play with your kids at the beach. To be with your family after a long time. Awesome.

BTW, you look beautiful.

Kristy's Garden said...

Oh what fun! I love the beach too, and finding sea shells and building castles. The boys are growing up so big. Chase looks like he's almost ready to take off walking. JJ is his own man and tell Ryan I will not kiss his dominos when I come ... only the real deal will work. You and Jaren look like you're having fun too!
love you Ford family....

Tyler V said...

Oh, so much fun! I married into a beach family, so I've discovered beach love late in life...but it is the best! It looks like you guys had a blast in California!

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

The beach looks so wonderful! I really want to take my kids to one. But until we're done being students, it probably won't happen! Your boys are all so handsome! And your blog background and header are really cute too, well done!

Unknown said...

OK Melinda, go back to my blog now, I added some "Stef." I hope you enjoy looking at the pictures as much as I enjoyed finding them!!! xxoo

kiddle97 said...

Next time you visit your fam in SoCal, won't you take a slight detour north and visit me? Maybe we could meet in San Luis Obispo or something. It'd be too too fun. And our crazy boys could be crazy together!! Think of it... happy thoughts.