Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Run, Bike, Swim for your Life

So I may have received an email asking why I have not blogged about the triathlon Jaren and Jordan did together. I have now repented and am showing you why I didn't really think about blogging some of this. Oh, don't worry, you'll see...

So here's Jaren at the beginning of the race. Can you see him? Yep, right there. You see him now? What do you mean, no? He's right there...right behind the girl. You can totally see one of his arms, you know, in between the girl and the guy waving his hand. I can't believe you missed it! Don't worry though, we got an awesome shot of him when he was about a hundred feet from finishing the run part of it.
Yep, I told you...AWESOME! I don't mean to brag, but I think I might be the best action photographer I've ever seen. I asked the kiddos to keep an eye out for me for Jordan after Jaren ran past, and J.J. was completely on the ball for me. He said, "Mom! There's Uncle Jordan!" I said, "Where?" J.J. - "He ran past us! We missed him!"

The picture above is all right. I managed to get the sun shining right into the camera and Ryan's tongue out, so it wasn't a total loss.
This picture isn't quite as good. I accidentally got their faces showing in this one.
In all seriousness, these guys did great! They practically finished one on top of the other. Jaren was a little bit faster of a runner and swimmer, and Jordan wailed everyone on the bike. Way to go guys...we're proud of you! (P.S. You two are the best dog paddlers I've ever seen!)


6 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

Dog paddler?! You are so funny, Melly! Thanks for sharing these photos, even the one of Jaren behind the girl. :)

It's a good thing Jaren finally showed off his muscles a little bit. He's always so modest about it...even to his little sis. Did he tell you how I forced him to show me his muscles after the wedding in August? He refused to show me his muscles, both him and Jordan. But I was persistent. I can't remember how I tricked him to be honest, but it was good. I tricked him, and he and Jordy were forced to flex their muscles for me. :) Then I flexed mine...they weren't that impressed.

Kelly said...

Dog paddlers? I think the term you are looking for is "pool walkers." I am very proud of Jordy, though, even though I poke fun at his swimming skills. :)

jor-kel said...

Well I might as well poke fun at myself. In the voice of fezic from Princes Bride,"I only doggy paddle." is what I said when I realized I placed 415 out of 430 in the swim.

Thanks for the post Melinda.It is a great one. I don't know why I was waving my hand in that first photo.

Jaren Ford said...

Jordan finished 105 out of 330 finishers and I finished 106. Jordan had a 2 minute and 19 second lead on me when he came off the bike. When we both finished he had beaten me by 9 seconds.

Melinda Ford said...

Hey awesome! I didn't realize that was Jordan's hand...I'm better than I thought!

kiddle97 said...

Melinda, that was awesome. You ARE an amazing action photographer! Can you teach me?