Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Happy Halloween to you!

We had a lot of good times this Halloween. All the cousins got to hang out at the Pumpkin Patch and (from what I hear) had a ton of fun together!

These poor kids probably couldn't wait to get finished with this picture below. Every single one of them is squinting in pain. What great sports!

We also had a great time with carving pumpkins too. We got a really fun book that the kids were able to put faces on the pumpkins by dotting the paper with permanent markers. Ryan ended up coloring the entire paper that was taped on his pumpkin with a red Sharpee. You can see on his pumpkins face the remnant of the ink that seeped through the paper. This activity was right down his alley!

Chase was very excited to have a cat. He kept saying, "cat...meow!"


Here are the outfits Jaren put together for our family this year. I think he might have been more excited about the army men thing then the boys were. He thought the hand grenades and bullets were super cool. Do boys ever grow up? :)
Here they are...our all american heroes!








4 comments:

Kristy's Garden said...

That pumpkin patch picture is one of my new ALL-TIME favorites!
I love it , love it.....
Your jack-o-lanterns are always so original and creative. I can tell all the boys, big and little, have so much fun creating fun faces...
Yes.... this Halloween must be Jaren's boyhood fantacy, seeing as how his Mom didn't let him and his brothers play with army men and nothing more lethel than a squirt gun.... I have to admit they are the sweetest American heros I know... and their army haircuts look great! Thanks for sharing your Halloween with us!

Jilly Bean said...

Cute! I mean, COOL!! Jaren did a great job putting those costumes together.

I love your pumpkins! JJ's huge one is awesome!

We had fun with you guys and miss you!

Jilly Bean said...

From Lily:
JJ, very very creepy. I hope even if those were real bullets you would not shoot me if we were there. I would have loved to see you in real life. I was a dazzling little kitty, just like your little brother's pumpkin. From, Lily.

kiddle97 said...

Your kids are scrumptious. And why am I the lone loser parent who never dresses up? Granted, my kids are lucky if THEY get dressed up for Halloween, but still. You all looked fabulous.