Thursday, October 30, 2008

Blankie Boo-boo

Some of you might know that Ryan has a blankie he adores. My sister Miriam made it for us. Ever since he was little, he has needed it to sleep. The blankie has graduated to different stages over the years. At one point, it was just used as a night-time comfort. Then he started carrying it around the house and needing it every time he cried. Then he used it as, well, I don't even know what. He would grab just a little piece of the yarn and get it in between his fingers and stick it to his nose and just hold it there. Weird, huh? And now it is his pillow as well and he wants to take it in the car, to the store, and drag it around the house. When he is in a really caring and sharing mood, he will put it on Chase to let him know he loves him. So cute! But all this love is doing something to the blankie...


It's dying...and Ryan is helping it! He likes to play with the yarn that is loose, and I don't know how to fix it. I really don't want it to get ruined cuz he loves it so much and it would be a great keepsake for him. Somebody help me! Miriam, could you please come down to Utah? It's urgent!!!

2 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

Aagh! I wish I could help you there. Kristen crochets...maybe she could visit and fix it! ;)

kiddle97 said...

Oh no! Ian (my 3-year-old) has a blanket that sounds like it serves much of the same purpose as Ryan's, except that so far, he doesn't insist on taking it to the store with him. But that's always what he wants when he's sad or hurt: "Mommy! I want my green blankie!" I don't know what I'll do, let alone him, if it ever falls apart! Good luck!