Tuesday, November 24, 2009

J.J.'s 6th Birthday

J.J. had a Power Ranger Birthday party and had a really good time with his friends. When the boys first got to our house, we had their own power ranger pizzas for them to decorate. I can't believe how excited some of them were to put on their own toppings! They also chose their power ranger color of drink (just put food coloring of their choice in with their 7-up!). Kids are so easy to please! They had fun with that too.

Here are some of J.J.'s friends from school and his old pal Jonathon. They're sitting on part of the training course to become a real Power Ranger.
More friends from church. This was a fun ramp Jar put together as part of the training course too.
After they did a power stone hunt (easter eggs with candy in them), we had cupcakes. I wasn't up to decorating them, so I bought the frosting from the store that comes with a star tip spray. Didn't work that well, but they tasted good!


I decorated a cake for Sunday's family dinner and party. J.J. only really cared about the Power Ranger's on it, but I like to at least do a little decorating anyway! And Jaren has fun putting them on. :)

We were lucky enough to have lots of family here! We had Jordan and Kelly, Grandpa Clark, and Julie, and Jenny and her kiddos came and gave J.J. his own BIG bucket of licorice. Life doesn't get better than that!
Once again, J.J. got spoiled by his Grandma and Grandpa Ford. :) We've had lots of fun with the magnets, and the boys watched Jimmy Neutron three days in a row.
Can someone please tell me how to get your child to smile when he's the center of attention?
We had so much fun with J.J. He really is a sweetheart. He makes me so happy. I'm proud of the little guy he's becoming...kind and thoughtful. He really looks out for the people he loves.
P.S. Julie babysat for us last Saturday night so we could go Christmas shopping. When we told J.J. we were going to go get toys for him for Christmas, he told us that we shouldn't get him anything cuz he didn't want us to spend too much money on him. Besides, Santa would get him LOTS of presents! :) Just another way he shows his sweetness to us!

5 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

Fun birthday party! You're clever to let the kids personalize their own Power Ranger pizzas and soda. Awesome! His cake looked really cool. I like hearing about what a thoughtful boy he is. Since we live so far away, we don't get to know those things. Thanks for sharing.

And...your tummy looks so cute! I loved seeing it in the cake picture! I miss you, girl!

Jenny said...

We sure had fun at J.J.s party! That cake was delicious!!
I also like your idea of power ranger colored soda! Fun!! What cute boys!!
(impressed with the ramp, and cool games!)

Kristy's Garden said...

I can hardly believe that JJ is 6 already. He is such a handsome "big" guy, especially with that front missing tooth! What a great Power Ranger Mom you are .... you had great party ideas and I love his cake! Thanks for posting the pictures so I could "imagine I was there" Love you.
PS Jaren's cabinet there in your washroom look very awesome. I bet you are enjoying having more room for food storage.
Love you.

Kristy's Garden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kiddle97 said...

What a sweet boy you're raising, Melinda. Can you come raise my Boys too? :)