Saturday, November 14, 2009

Two Weeks Later...

Happy Halloween! So, yes, it takes me a while to get to things done these days. But the wait is over! I know you've all been dying to see how we dressed up, but I'm sure (somehow) you made it through these last two weeks. :) We kept trying to get get J.J. to dress up as Dracula cuz you know he's got that great dark widows peak. Eventually he said he wanted to be him, so we shouted for joy and got some face paint.

Ryan has said for weeks that he wanted to be a tarantula, no a spitting spider, no a tarantula, spitting spider, etc........and on and on. We went with tarantula b/c who wants to figure out yellow spots?
Chase didn't have a choice in the matter. Although I think it's a bit obvious that he had some say in how much face paint we put on him. He got really good at wiping it the second I tried to put some on. He's such a cute little guy! He really got into it this year. At first he ran down the sidewalk in the other direction. Then he realized that he got candy at the houses and came faithfully. He even started saying tikoteet (trick or treat for those not affluent in toddler talk) and tantu (thank you).
This is J.J. in all his glory. He really started getting into the act!

Can anyone tell what I dressed up as? I'll give you a hint: that's a patch on my head. Pumpkin + patch = ? Not that I really expect anyone to get it. Jaren came up with it and I loved it. Nobody else seemed to get it. So, I'll tell you. A pumpkin patch! And believe me, I feel like one. It seems like it's one pumpkin after another these days.






6 comments:

kiddle97 said...

Oh Melinda, where to begin? I was smiling all through the reading of this. Shall I admit something? When I saw the tarantula, my first thought was "AAH!" and my second thought was, "Wait, she didn't give him enough legs! There are only 6!" Then I remembered that he was standing on two of them...

Jenny said...

Oh WOW!! I love your costumes!!! Ryan's spider is sooo cool, did you make that? Chase, ooooh, so cute what he said! I love that little guy, and J.J. looked so cool!
Amy, and I had a good laugh about your pumpkin patch costume!! Love you guys!

Jilly Bean said...

Oh, you guys are so cute!!!!! Dang, I wish we had been together for Halloween! Your kids' costumes turned out awesome! I think Chase looks so much like Jaren when he was little in that picture.

I miss you so much.

BTW, I'm amazed you got the Halloween pictures up at all considering all you have on your plate... you're a babe!

Jilly Bean said...

I also love the notes you made on your side bar about your kids. They are such cute boys. I love that JJ is a super friend. That is so sweet. I'm incredibly impressed with Ryan's coloring talent. It sounds like he has some of Jaren's attention to detail. And little Chasers is getting to be a big boy! I love the picture of him laughing hysterically. He must have just gotten into something! Your boys are cute and I can't wait to meet the next one!

Kristy's Garden said...

Oh, what sweet Halloween spooks! (All but you Melinda and you are beautiful even as a Pumpkin Patch, how clever) The boy's costumes are sooo stinkin cute and I loved everything you said about the boys. How true - how true! Love you all.

Kristy's Garden said...

PS Melinda, I love the Halloween plaques hanging on your front door ... I'll bet you made them huh?