Friday, October 15, 2010

Grandma Ghostie's Haunted House

This Halloween, we're trying to make the season last a little bit longer. We made a haunted house that our Grandma Ford likes to haunt sometimes at night...

Our kids really got into the spirit of this little activity once they understood what they would be getting in the morning at times. They even helped me decorate it with spiderwebs. I think they did a pretty awesome job.
It wasn't easy to lift that house with all those spider webs keeping it down though!

I'm not sure what it is about this picture that makes me think they're excited about what they got the first night...I can just feel it in my bones (buns for those who have seen Murder By Death).

Something I thought was great was how J.J. decided that he wanted to build his own haunted house that the Grandma Ghost could visit at night in his own room. He made this house out of lasagna boxes and colored ghosts and monsters on the outside.

He loves the windows on his haunted house. They gave him a sneak peek into knowing whether the Grandma Ghost visited his very own creation. (He likes the idea of Grandma being able to get inside the house by floating through the walls.)

Another good find!
One of the funniest parts about this is that J.J. didn't make the connection that Grandma Ford was the ghost that haunted the houses, although I thought he knew. We called the Grandma Ghost to let her know that J.J. had made his very own haunted house for her to haunt as well, and at first he acted kind of shy. I wasn't sure why until he said, "Hey! This is Grandma Ford, not Grandma Ghost!" He thought he caught her being sneaky. :) Well, she is pretty sneaky sometimes!
Thanks Grandma (Ford) Ghost for the fun and very sneaky surprises! You can haunt our house anytime!!





2 comments:

Kristy's Garden said...

Melinda.... that is such a fun idea you came up with! All I did was send a little Halloween package and you turned it into a full blown event! Thank you so much for posting these pictures. I miss being there with the kids and so it has been so fun for me to see them in action. Love to you all from Grandmummy Ford
AKA - Grandma Ghostie

kiddle97 said...

Grandmummy Ford, would you like to come haunt our house? This was just the cutest, funnest, most adorable and deliciously Halloweeny idea I've seen! Thoroughly delightful.