Sunday, October 3, 2010

A happy happy birthday (the big ?) and raspberry fun...

Yes, I am now 20-10. A little bit scary if you ask me. I did have a good day though! Jar made me a magnificent breakfast and cleaned all of it up afterwards!! I got showered with cards saying how my kids loved me and loved to play with me (presents don't get better than that!). I got to sort of listen to General Conference (more than Saturday at least). And after dinner we had a lovely cake (compliments of Jaren) and ice cream.

Look at all those candles!
Of course I had to embarrass myself by not being able to blow them all out, but really, you couldn't stick them a little closer together, Jar?
Now for some more fun...

We went raspberry picking for the first time! It was so fun for the first ten minutes! Then, because the awesome mom forgot to bring water, we had one screaming child, one whining child, and one tired child for the remainder of the time we were there. Chase really impressed me though when he picked the berries. He picked the ripe ones and was careful enough that he didn't squish them in his hand.


Ryan was stalwart. He was picking berries up until the last! He'd dump his bucket into Jar's bucket and then come take mine!

Jaren was the cream of the crop. He picked so much and worked berry hard. (Jaren wrote that...can you tell?) It's true though. :)

This little guy was so super good, as always. (Of course, his bottle was remembered...)


And here's our load...12 pounds of funlovin' raspberries, all of which we made raspberry jam out of. YUM, YUM!!






4 comments:

kiddle97 said...

Yay! I was hoping you had a nice day. And hey, don't fret about the candles. It appears you gave it as good a go as someone of your -- age -- could do. Be proud of yourself. :)

I'm kidding. Happy birthday!

Love you.

Jilly Bean said...

I'm so impressed with your berry picking boys! And with your ambition to make jam! You're a babe!

Happy happy birthday! The thirties are great! I'm glad Jar and your boys made your day so nice!

Kristen Ford said...

Looks like a forest fire in the first picture. the 30's are the best years. When your in your 20's you dont know how good you have it untill after it is gone. and now in your 30s you know to apprecate what little good you still have left before you hit your 40's. I hear that is when body parts start falling off.

12 lb's of Berrys? gag zooks! sounds good. I would love to have a penut butter sandwinch made with your rasberry jam when i come to visit. so save me some.

-Jason

Ali said...

Happy Birthday! 30 is so much fun, I loved it. Go you on the jam. I'm jealous your hubby would let you all go picking!