Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chase tiene un ano!

Yep that's right! He is ONE! Well, not officially, but we celebrated tonight anyway. We figured that would work out a bit better than having his party on Tuesday, which is the same night as scouts. Anywho, we had a lot of fun. Aunt Jenny (aka Aunt Skittles) and her family, and Jordan and Kelly, and Grandpa Clark came over for dinner, dessert, and the opening of presents. Chase was asleep for about half the time he had company over. And then he was a bit moody. All well. We all had fun for him. :)We celebrated Sarah's birthday too, seeing as they are one day apart. Isn't she cute? And get this, she cut her hair by herself!!! I would never be able to pull that off!

Chase mostly got new clothes (which I love) and a few toys that the boys fought over from the moment he opened them. J.J. was a big helper and tried to keep Chase happy and then borrowed the piano only when Chase and Ryan weren't fighting over it because they both decided they wanted the keys Grandma and Grandpa Ford sent.
Here's my big helper!

Yes, he is eyeing the keys now that Ryan gave the piano back!


Our little helpers really felt the need to serve their brother by helping him eat his cake.

Chase seemed to really like the cake at first. When he discovered that chocolate cake was inside the frosting, he'd try to shove as much of his cake covered hand as he could fit in his mouth. He was a bit bothered that the frosting wouldn't come off his hand though.

And now he's more than a little bothered. As good as cake is, he's had it with the mess. It's sticky and ooey, gooey. Come save me daddy!!! ...And he did.

And it wouldn't be a party at the Ford household without licorice, would it?

5 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

Melinda!!!!!!!!!!!! What a fun party! Chase is growing so much and is so cute! I feel so sad we don't get to see him grow up in person. I miss you! Your cake looked awesome. You look GREAT!!! Your boys are fun. I really can't wait for our kids to get together and play this summer. It won't come soon enough.

Jilly Bean said...

Those pictures are so fun! Carter loves them. He's saying everyone's names...Chase, Ryan, Sarah, Naninda. :) Do you have more pictures we can look at? Most of the pics on your blog won't blow up bigger when I click on them. Do you know how to make them so we can make them bigger?

Love you oodles of noodles. Why don't you guys drive down for a visit this month...the weather is perfect. Then we'll come see you this summer to enjoy your nice weather.

Erin said...

How fun! Both of your kids are just adorable.

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

What an amazing cake! I love all the details. Happy Birthday Chase!

jor-kel said...

I guess I can't say how much I wish I could have been at the party and eat some cakes, since I was there. But I did want to say that you do a very good job blogging.

ps: can you teach me how to make my pictures zoomable, some of mine do, some of them don't and I have know idea why. Thanks!